I love spring!! I love the veggies and the cool air and warming afternoons. This is such a healthy bowl on so many levels. I am a Paleo and Vegan eater. I do always have alternatives to recipes. I have eaten the Paleo way. No grains. No Tofu. Zoodles and riced cauliflower made it amazing. I even tried it with bean thread noodles. YUMMO!! This I do a quick yummy lunch or dinner. Enjoy!
Coconut-Ginger Broth With Spring Vegetables
- 1 heaping teaspoon coconut oil
- 2-inch piece of ginger, grated on a microplane or finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, grated on a microplane or finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 (15-ounce) can organic coconut milk
- Pinch of chili flakes
- 12 stalks of asparagus, tough bottoms discarded and sliced into thin coins
- ½ cup frozen peas, slightly thawed
- 1 large carrot, peeled into ribbons or spiralized into noodles
- 1 medium zucchini, peeled into ribbons or spiralized into noodles
Other add-in ideas
- Scallions, thinly sliced
- Cilantro leaves
- Soba noodles, cooked or miracle noodles(follow instructions) or zoodles
- Rice or quinoa, cooked or rice some cauliflower for no grains
- Tofu cubes (optional}
1. Heat coconut oil in a large, high-sided pan or stockpot over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic and cook for 30 to 60 seconds, until fragrant. Add tamari, coconut milk, and a pinch of chili flakes, and stir well to combine everything.
2. Bring the broth to a boil; reduce to a simmer, and let cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, prepare your quick-cooking vegetables by chopping the asparagus into small pieces and peeling the carrots and zucchini with a vegetable peeler, julienne peeler, or spiralizer.
4. Place asparagus and peas into the broth and stir. Bring heat up to medium and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until the asparagus is tender.
5. Stir in carrot and zucchini and remove from heat. Let stand for 1 minute. Serve over rice or quinoa like a curry or on its own like a soup.
Recipe adapted by MBG