- 4ears of corn, husked
- 2tablespoonsfresh lime juice
- of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2ounceCotija cheese or Parmesan, crumbled (about 1/2 cup), plus more for serving
- 2tablespoonschopped fresh cilantro plus more for serving
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
prep: 25 min total: 25 min
- Prepare grill for medium heat. Grill corn, turning occasionally, until tender and charred, 8–10 minutes; let cool slightly. Cut kernels from cobs and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Whisk mayonnaise, lime juice, paprika, cayenne, if using, 2 oz. Cotija cheese, and 2 tablespoons cilantro in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Add corn and toss to combine. Top with more cheese and cilantro.
- DO AHEAD: Dressing can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and chill. Corn can be grilled and cut from cobs 1 hour ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
- Recipe by Sue Li
- Photograph by Hirsheimer Hamilton