Middle Eastern Spiced Quinoa Salad
- 200g (7 ounces) cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 avocado, diced
- 100g (3½ ounces) cooked edamame beans
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, chopped
- 6 dried apricots, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- a pinch of sumac
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill and mint
1. Mix the salad ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Whisk together the dressing and toss it with the salad. Season well.
Tips to cook quinoa well:
- Always rinse in lots of cold water and drain well. Leave to dry for about 10 minutes.
- Toast quinoa first in a little oil over a medium heat before adding the liquid.
- Add 1½ parts liquid to 1 part quinoa. Chicken or veg stock can be used.
- Cook for 15 minutes and leave for 10 before fluffing up.