- 1 can coconut milk, preferably organic and free from additives/emulsifiers
- 2-3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- pinch of stevia, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- few tablespoons sprouted nuts, chopped (optional)
- Place coconut milk in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight so that the cream (the fatty delicious part) hardens, separates and rises to the top.
- Open the can and scoop out this hardened cream, placing it in a large glass or stainless steel mixing bowl. You won’t need the remaining liquid at the bottom of the can for now, but don’t forget to save it for use in other recipes.
- Using a handheld mixer on low speed, slowly start to whip the coconut cream (using the same techniques you would for regular dairy cream).
- Add cocoa, honey and vanilla extract and gradual work to a higher speed until ingredients are well combined and you have incorporated enough air for desired texture.
- Top with your favorite variety of chopped nuts for a bit of added crunch, or a handful of fresh berries and serve immediately.
- Mousse will also keep well in the refrigerator for several days.