For the next 45 or so days I will be posting Dr Sara’s Home Workouts that I will be doing AFTER my gym workouts. Great cardio/HIIT. I love her philosophy on getting fit and she is so damn funny. Go check out her website. Like all her media. And follow along. My journey is to get to a bikini body by Christmas. And my diet has changed up and now may the fun begin.!
- Gymboss Interval Timer
- Shock-absorbing surface, such as interlocking floor mats
- Dr. Sara Solomon Cross Speed Jump Rope by Buddy Lee Jump Ropes
- Click here to learn how to determine your correct jump rope length.
- Stability Ball
- Dumbbell (I used a 9-pound dumbbell)
Always a Must!
- Read my training philosophy before you begin!
Drink your BCAAs!
Today’s Quick Workout:
- It consists of 20 seconds of “all out effort” followed by 10 seconds of rest. This takes 4 minutes. How’s that for time-efficiency?
- We will do jump rope for 20 seconds of “Power Jumps” followed by 10 seconds of rest.
- If you cannot do the Power Jumps, then substitute with a very fast Basic Bounce and consider doing an easy paced Basic Bounce during the 10 seconds of rest as a compromise. If you cannot do that, then try any of the following: jumping jacks, burpees, tuck jumps, jumping lunges or jump squats.
- When I say “all out effort”, that means you should feel like your lungs are going to explode by the time you reach the 2-minute mark. Watch the workout to hear how my breathing changes over the course of 4 minutes. You can see and hear me struggling!
- After doing extremely intense Tabata exercise, your body will continue to use more oxygen than normal during the next 24 hours. In other words, your metabolism will be higher, which means you will continue to burn extra calories.
- Boats with a Twist (25 reps)
- Swiss Ball Leg Raise with Hip Thrust (25 reps)
- Crunches with Swiss Ball (25 reps)
- Plank Hold for 1 minute