- 1 bunch curly kale, stems trimmed, leaves finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (1 tablespoon)
- 40 g red onion, minced
- 45 g cucumber, finely chopped
- Place the chopped kale in a large bowl; drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Massage the kale gently with your hands for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the tough fibres of the kale break down and soften somewhat.
- Toss with the lemon juice, red onion and cucumber.
Keeps well in the refrigerator for several days.