By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
- 1 whole buttercup squash – medium size
- 2½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small onion
- 1 teaspoon Thrive Market coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme herb
- Pink Himalayan salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Wash squash.
- Cut a hole into it on top. You want to create a circle about 2.5-3 inches wide. Keep the top part because we will replace it on top while cooking.
- Use a big metal spoon to dig out the inside of the squash and remove all the seeds and pulp from it.
- Place the chopped onion and garlic at the bottom of the squash along with the coconut oil.
- Pour 1.5 cups of the vegetable broth inside the squash and keep the remaining cup for later.
- Place squash on deep pan that goes into the oven and bake for 90 minutes with the top of the squash back on it.
- When it is cooked, pour the last cup of broth inside the squash, you have 2 choices, a) one is to eat it like this, directly from the squash by scooping all the cooked flesh and broth with your spoon or, b) pour the broth into another pot and scoop all the flesh from it and transfer it as well with the broth.