So I did some adaptations for your liking. I personally did a gluten free thin crust. But a sprouted would be even better. I love avocados. I love pizza. And pesto, yum! I hope you like this pizza recipe like I do! enjoy!
- 1 sheet of puff pastry (I used Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets from 17.3 oz/1.1 lbs. pkg. which has two sheets but I only used one), thawed out overnight in refrigerator or a sprouted tortilla or paleo tortilla or gluten free
- 1½ firm-ripe avocados, cubed ½ inch
- 2 med. tomatoes, seeded, cored and diced ½ inch
- ½ med. red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⅓ cups shredded Italian Five Cheese blend
- 3 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. honey
- ⅛ tsp. turmeric
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ½ cup chopped cashews
- ⅔ cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- ½ Tbsp. coconut sugar or RAW sugar or Agave or Maple syrup
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup mayo( vegan or paleo)
- ½ cup sour cream (vegan or make your own)
- 2 Tbsp. nut milk
- 1 green onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 avocado
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
I also used a organic pesto sauce that was really good too!!
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor until throughly mixed.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor until throughly mixed. You may need to stop the food processor and scrape the sides to blend all ingredients well.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Roll out puff pastry on a floured surface ¼” thick (it does not have to be perfectly round). Pierce the puff pasty with a fork to prevent bubbling and transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Spread the pizza pesto evenly over the puff pasty and sprinkle with cheese. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until golden crisp around the edges.
- Remove the puff pasty from the oven and place the prepared tomatoes, red onions, and avocado on top.
- Drizzle with Avocado Sauce as much or as little as you like and enjoy!